Home » Wedding Guides » Wedding Transport
Unless you're getting ready at the wedding venue, you'll need to decide how you want to travel on your wedding day especially if you've been dreaming about your grand arrival.
The mother of the bride is traditionally responsible for arranging wedding transport for the:
- Bride and her father (or person giving her away)
- Bridesmaids, mother of the bride and flower girl/page boys who travel separately ahead of the Bride.
Horse and carriage is a traditional, refined form of wedding transportation
The rest of the wedding party (groom, best man, ushers, and groom's parents) should make their own way to the wedding venue.
If the reception is to be held at a different venue, the wedding party should travel in the following order:
- The bride & groom
- Best man, bridesmaids, flower girl and page boy
- Parents of the bride & groom
- Ushers should be leave the ceremony venue last once they have ensured that every guest has transport to the reception
Most wedding cars are hired out for a specified minimum period (usually 2-3 hours). Most wedding transport suppliers allow time for photos with the car and a 10-15 minute chauffeured drive. This provides a great opportunity to spend some quiet time together - even if the ceremony and reception venue are in the same place.