- How much does it cost?
- What is included in the cost? Ask for a written breakdown.
- Does the price include VAT or is this extra?
- Are there any overtime charges – should the entertainment over run? If so – what are they?
- What is the cancellation policy? What if you need to postpone? Wedding insurance will protect you if you need to cancel or postpone the wedding?
- How much deposit is required and when?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- When will the remaining payments be required?
Finding out how much wedding venue hire costs is one of the top things you need to know and chances are you will already have a rough idea of cost before visiting the venue in order to save a wasted journey. Save asking questions about cost until the end – just in case any of your other questions trigger another cost related question for the venue.
Packages will vary amongst wedding venues. You should ensure you have a clear understanding as to what is included in the cost and obtain a breakdown in writing. Things to look out for include table and chairs, table linen, crockery and cutlery, waiters, bar staff. It is impossible to know the true cost of your wedding venue unless you have all this information.